Edited by Annie Cheng, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, PRC
Miles Bryant, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Ross Notman, University of Otago, New Zealand
As was discussed at the BELMAS Conference in Edinburgh last July, members of ISLDN agreed to prepare papers for a special issue of Management in Education (MiE) that would be available for the July 2014 BELMAS Conference. This is the network’s first opportunity to publish a collection of papers to showcasing the International School Leadership Development Network project. Having our work appear in a MiE, BELMAS-sponsored journal, is particularly important.
All network members are invited to contribute to this special issue by submitting manuscripts or by serving as reviewers. Members who do not submit a manuscript will be invited to serve the network as reviewers.
Management in Education is intended to be useful to practitioners. Please be attentive to the needs of leadership practice. Authors are encouraged to be creative in how they present their findings and ideas about the project. Authors may want to consider ‘non-traditional formats’. Where possible please try to link the themes of the two strands
The entire volume is about 25,000 words. We seek to publish eight articles (four from each strand– social justice leadership and high need schools).
Manuscript ranges between 2,500 and 3,000 words.
Manuscript can take a range of various formats, but certainly are not limited to:
- A summary of research findings,
- Opinion pieces,
- Individual stories
- Descriptive/journalistic examples of social justice or high need
- Report some data in a different way, for example, an interview with a head teacher. or school leader
- 30 November 2013 – Submit manuscripts to the editors noted as follows.
Annie Cheng at email@example.com for Social Justice Leadership Strand
- 15 January 2014 – Authors receive feedback and decisions are made to determine which manuscripts are still under consideration.
- 1 March 2014 – Authors submit revised manuscripts to the editors
- 15 March 2014 – Manuscript review completed and submitted electronically to MiE
- July 2014 – Special Issue published
Any queries regarding the special issue may be addressed to any of the editors noted above. For information about the BELMAS Journal, Management in Education please link to http://mie.sagepub.com.